Training courses and seminars
Hazardous Substances Training
2 day duration
Regulations on hazardous substances have recently undergone radical changes. The new 28848 SEA Regulation aligns with European Regulation n.1272/2008 (CLP) the criteria for classification of substances and mixtures. It will enter into force in EU on 1 June 2015 for substances and on 1 June 2016 for mixtures.
The 2 days training course is focused on providing detailed knowledge on the regulations governing the classification and labelling of hazardous substances and mixtures (27092 SAE Regulation of 26/12/2008 and 28848 SEA Regulation of 11/12/2013) and the Safety Data Sheets (27092 SAE Regulation and 29204 Regulation of 15/12/2014).
Participants will develop the skills required to classify and label substances and mixtures present in a Company and prepare the relative Safety Data Sheets. Moreover, participants will develop the skills to analyze substances in compliance with the Turkish Seveso II (Regulation 28867 of 30/12/2013).
The workshop will provide case studies aimed at improving the familiarity with the classification methodologies and preparation of the Safety Data Sheet.
Who should attend?
- Plant and Maintenance Managers, Key HSE Functions, Process Manager and Engineers responsible/involved in facilities’ hazardous substances management.
Hazardous Substances Training course shall include:
- Historical overview on the Regulations related to hazardous substances
- Illustration of 27092 SAE Regulation of 26/12/2008(the old regulation, in force till May 2016).
- Criteria for classification and labelling of substances and preparations according to 27092 SAE Regulation for:
• physico-chemical properties
• toxicological properties
• specific effects on human health
• environmental effects
- Illustration of 28848 SEA Regulation of 11/12/2013 (aligned with EU Regulation Reg. 1272/2008 (CLP)), the new regulation, in force from June 2016.
- Hazard classes, pictograms, signal word, hazard statements H, precautionary statements P .
- Criteria for classification and labeling of substances and mixtures according to 28848 SEA Regulation:
• physical hazards
• health hazard
• environmental hazards
- Illustration of the relationship between the old system and the new system of classification.
- The Safety Data Sheet according to 27092 SAE Regulation and 29204 Regulation of 15/12/2014.
- Illustration of Annex 1 of Turkish Seveso II (Regulation 28867 of 30/12/2013).
- Criteria to identify dangerous substances in the Turkish Seveso II.
- Case studies including:
• Classification and labelling of substances and mixtures
• Preparation of some sections of the safety data sheet
• Identification of dangerous substances in the Turkish Seveso I
Case study exercises will be developed in participants groups of 3-4 people each.
Training sessions will be basically held in English language, with translation of material and speeches in Turkish Language.