Training courses and seminars
MAJOR ACCIDENTS PREVENTION POLICY (MAPP)
2 day duration: 22-25 June
Within the Seveso Directives’ framework, specific obligations on Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) are foreseen, aimed to reducing the possibility of accident for people, environment and property.
All the Operators falling under the Seveso Directives application field, according to their national implementing laws and regulations, shall introduce the MAPP and relevant Safety Management System within their organization. The Safety Management System shall define, clearly and by documents, the responsibilities, processes, procedures and resources for the implementation of the Corporate Policy for Major Accidents Prevention.
The 2 days training course is focused on providing the attendants with the principles, criteria and contents of the MAPP and the relevant Safety Management System, in accordance with referenced EU and national Guidelines.
The desk general introduction will be followed by a step by step detailed analysis, performed on a real case study, in order to allow the attendants to acquire a clear and effective vision on the whole procedure for implementing the MAPP.
The course will be completed by a survey on the main issues to be taken into account during the periodic inspections provided by the competent Bodies.
Who should attend?
- Operation and Maintenance Managers, Key HSE Functions, Key Supervisors, Project Managers and Project/Process Engineers responsible/involved in facilities’ HES management.
The program (16 h) shall include:
- Major Accidents Prevention Policy in compliance with Directive 2012/18/EU.
- MAPP & Safety Management System basic requirements.
- Safety Management System structure:
• Identification and assessment of Major Accident risks
• Control of operations
• Management of Changes
• Accidents and near misses recording and investigation
• Training and periodic drills
• Response to en emergency
• Performance monitoring
• Control and review
- Guidelines for the implementation of MAPP
- Key Functions
- Safety Management System documents:
• Register Document
Inspection by Authorities: Guidelines.
Training sessions will be basically held in English language, with translation of material and speeches in Turkish language.